The prizes confirm the quality and taste!
- In 2014 Old Remeker was awarded the title of World’s Best Jersey Cheese – for the second time!
- Early in 2013 Remeker Puur (now called Ryp) was selected as the best Dutch mature cheese by the prestigious NieuwVers/Urgenda platform for sustainable food production. The award included this cheese being elected Holland’s tastiest craft product for 2013.
- In 2011 we won the Ekoland innovation prize (Ekoland is a market leader in organic products) for discovering how we could use our own ghee to wash the cheese with, so that the rind matures along with the cheese and can be eaten.
- In 2008 Old Remeker won a prize for the ‘Best Dutch Cheese’ at the World Cheese Awards contest in Dublin.
- Also in 2008, but at the World Jersey Congress, where Jersey farmers from around the world gather once every three years, Old Remeker was awarded the prize as the World’s Best Jersey Cheese.
This congress had the additional charm of being held on the island of Jersey, where the Jersey cows traditionally come from.
- During the Week of Taste 2007 we were awarded the title Hero of Taste as producers of Old Remeker.